Our customers and collaborators are drawn from the Laboratory and also include university astrophysicists.
We also support the simulation visualization needs of our customers by applying high performance hardware and software infrastructure to improve the understanding and advanced analysis of simulation results.
Some of our key focus areas include:
- Code development for massively parallel computing
- Numerical algorithmic development for Exascale computing systems or hybrid platforms
- Compressible Eulerian AMR hydrodynamics (algorithmic development and implementation methods)
- Thermonuclear burn
- Material modeling (i.e. strength, damage, porosity growth, etc.) in an Eulerian algorithmic framework
- High explosives modeling and algorithmic development
- Use of equations of state/constitutive models in Eulerian hydrocodes
- Laser ray-trace and laser plasma interaction (LPI) physics modeling